Need some tips on choosing the right domain name? I came across a really good article, How to Choose a Domain Name, that quickly summarizes key points you can consider when brainstorming for a new domain name. Those key points to consider are:
- Thinking long term…(i.e. will the name sound good in the future?)
- Characteristics…(i.e. name unique, easy to remember?)
- Domain extensions (i.e. .com, .net)
- Using keywords (descriptors for search engines)
- Is it “brandable” and memorable? (i.e. Google, Yahoo)
- YourName.com (would that work for you?)
For more insight, click here!