Designing a new website for your business should be an exciting process, and designing with various colours adds to the fun. However, designing with particular colours is really important for your business brand and the message you want to convey to your audience/potential consumers. Take a look at just a few of the common colours and the Westernised meanings they often send out:
- Green: Health/Nature/Balance (i.e. The Body Shop)
- Black: Authority/Control/Power (i.e. Government of Canada)
- Red: Attention/High Energy (i.e. CNN)
- Yellow: Uplifting /Fun/Inspiring (i.e. Yellow Pages)
- Blue: Honesty/Safety/Trusting (i.e. Facebook)
For really good information on colours and the branding direction you want your business to go in, read The Most Powerful Colors in the World. For more information on the meaning of colours in website design be sure to read Website Colors.
With that being said, below is a showcase of 10 bright, colourful and interactive websites for your design inspiration.